This is an excerpt from a moment of boundless inner peace and joy I experienced whilst sitting on the bank of a river in Laos, in July 2016:
This morning, I felt bliss. A total state of peace, a lustful love for life. I found myself for the first time, truly in the present. Breathing for now. Tears filled my eyes, music flowed into my mind. The air was warm, the breeze was sweet. My heart encapsulated that moment. Gratitude etched my memory in creativity dispelled to my fingertips. My soul blinked open.
I paused to observe the moment and wrote down 10 lessons which I believe to have contributed to getting me there.
I look back at these anytime I need to reconnect, refuel or remember:
Here they are:
- Give, always give. Life is a circle.
- Live now, not for yesterday, not for tomorrow. Right now.
- Use all 5 of your senses to find the 6th.
- Be aware of your body, your breathe and your mind. Use one to synchronise the other.
- Live minimally, you will learn to look after, love and respect those things. They will then do the same for you.
- Vegetarianism has been the best decision you have made in your life so far.
- Passion is the juice of life. You can live on water, but this is sweeter.
- Kindness is a concept which is universally translatable. Both applied and received, it transcends race, gender, language and other concepts of differentiation.
- Love yourself to love others, believe in yourself to be able to apply that same belief to others.
- Gratitude truly is the key to happiness. Though no lock exists.
I hope these help you in your day or can be a reminder from my own experience of joy and peace.
Have you ever felt this feeling?
I’d love to know about your own lessons and how you got there?
Picture by Preslie Hirsch via Unsplash